Check out our interactive map of local food resources in Anderson!
We only ask that if you visit our local community gardens, please do so respectfully and abide by posted guidelines 🙂
Why buy local?
1. The food is deliciously healthy. Locally grown food is generally picked at peak ripeness resulting in fresher, tastier, and more nutrient-dense food. Because they don’t have to be fixated on how the foods will ship, local growers are free to choose plant varieties based on flavor, color, curiosity, etc. This variety supplies you with an array of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and other important phytonutrients.
2. Keep $$$ in your local economy. $.68 of every dollar spent at local businesses stays in the community, compared with only $.42 of every dollar spent at non-local businesses.
3. Engage with your community. Shopping at local businesses is an excellent way to build relationships with the folks in your community.
4. Preserve the local personality. Local businesses play a huge role in keeping your community unique.
5. Invest in those who are invested in your community. Local business owners care about your town and want to see it prosper as much as you do.